Healing Paws has developed information sessions that serve to answer questions and provide individuals with more options in this growing field.
Please contact Christi at email@example.com for more information.
An Overview of Animal Assisted Interactions (AAI)
Each year, Healing Paws provides a limited number of speaking engagements to non-profit organizations interested in learning how working with registered therapy teams (handler-animal) improves the lives of people; and the differences between therapy animals and service animals.
Fee: expenses only
Animal Assisted Interaction Speaking Engagements
Healing Paws will share the importance of training, and the benefits of Animal Assisted Activities/Therapy at local and national health care and/or education conferences and with international groups.
- Importance of training, evaluation, and renewal evaluation of both ends of the leash/lead
- Establishing and maintaining your facility’s Therapy Team Program
- AAA/T as a paid profession vs volunteer
- Developing animal-assisted trainings to meet the needs of your community
- The importance of developing and nurturing the therapy team relationship
- Intentionality when providing therapy team visits
- Visiting therapy teams in specific settings:
- Mental Health
- Medical facilities
- Reading programs
Each of these talks can be 1-2 hour summaries of the topic or expanded to an experiential 4-6 hour training.
For more information, contact Christi at firstname.lastname@example.org